Call for Workshops
Proposals are solicited for workshops to be held in conjunction with ACM CCS 2014. Each workshop provides a forum to address a specific topic at the forefront of security research.
A workshop associated with CCS must be one full day in length. Proceedings of all such workshops will be available (on a CD) to the workshop attendees. Each workshop will also have on-line proceedings through ACM Digital Library, with a separate ISBN. Submissions of workshop proposals must reach the workshop chair: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Proposal Submission
For new workshops, proposals should include:
- Workshop title
- A draft “Call for Papers” articulating the scope and topics covered by the workshop
- A brief summary and justification for the workshop, including anticipated benefits to the ACM CCS community.
- Proposed format and agenda
- Expected number of submissions and acceptance rate
- Expected number of attendees
- Program chair(s), and, if available, tentative program committee
- A one-paragraph biographical sketch for each organizer, describing relevant qualifications, including research and conference/workshop organizing experience
For previously-held workshops, in addition to the above, proposals must provide the following information, for the most recent incarnation of the workshop:
- Number of submissions
- Number of accepted papers
- Number of registered attendees
Please submit workshop proposals by email to the ACM CCS Workshop Chairs.
All workshop proposals will be reviewed by the CCS Steering Committee.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- The workshop is within the scope of computer and communications security and concerns a coherent and important technical topic of high interest in the community.
- Its novelty with respect to other forums, especially with respect to other CCS workshops.
- Its likely impact on the target community, including likely high participation.
- One of the best ways to show likely interest is to have a strong set of researchers who have agreed to serve on the PC.
Army Research Office, USA
Arizona State University, USA
Dates – Workshops
|Submissions deadline||March 25, 2014 23:59 (UTC – 11)|
|Decisions communicated||March 30, 2014|
|CFP and Website for each workshop||April 10, 2014|
|Suggested workshop papers submission deadline||between July 22-25|
|Suggested workshop papers notification||August 25|
|Workshop papers camera ready||September 7 (Pre-workshop) and 9 (post-workshop) (hard deadline)|