All papers for WiSec 2008 must be submitted electronically through the EDAS Conference Management System.
Papers must meet the following restrictions: No longer than 10 pages (single or double column); in font no smaller than 10 points; must fit properly on US Letter-sized paper (8.5 inch x 11 inch) with reasonable margins.
All submissions should be anonymized. An author’s name should only occur in references to that author’s related work, which should be referenced in the third person and not overtly distinguishable from the referenced work of others.
Logging in to EDAS
- To use EDAS, you will need to log in first. If you already have an account, please enter your email address (or your numeric EDAS ID#) and password in the corresponding fields of the form on the EDAS login page.
- If you do not know whether you have an account on this EDAS system, try entering your email address or name. EDAS will check whether your account exists or not, and respond accordingly.
- If you have an account but forgot your password, please leave the password field blank; EDAS will e-mail your password to you.
- If you do not have an account on the EDAS system yet, please click on the "
New user" link. Fill in the form and then click on the "
New User" button. Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk. The password for accessing the EDAS system will be sent to you via e-mail. Once you receive your password, you can return to EDAS and log in.
Registering your Paper
- After logging in to EDAS, you will see your overall EDAS system homepage. Click to the "
Submit paper” tag at the top of the page.
- Find "ACM WiSec 2008" among the list of conferences accepting submissions. To begin the process of submitting your paper, click on the "
Submit” icon for ACM WiSec 2008. This will bring you to the WiSec 2008 EDAS homepage.
- You should then see the web form for registering your paper submission. Fill in the form:
- Enter the author names, title and abstract of the paper.
- Enter optional keywords.
- Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper.
- Once you have all the information filled in, click on the "
Submit" button at the bottom of the page. This will lead to a page that acknowledges your paper's registration. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Submitting and Uploading your Paper
- Enter additional authors of the paper. Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or their last name. Each author must be registered in EDAS; if an author is not yet registered in EDAS, you will be prompted for the information to register them. You must also select one of the authors to be the correspondence author.
- After registering your paper submission, you must upload your actual paper.
- To upload your paper right after registering your submission, simply follow EDAS instructions on the acknowledgement page.
- Alternatively, you can upload your paper later from your WiSec 2008 EDAS homepage. From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the icon in the line that shows your paper's listing, or via ftp, or email as per instructions on that page.
- After you return to your WiSec 2008 EDAS homepage, you will see your uploaded paper. If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details. If you click on the paper under "Manuscript", you will see the PDF version that you uploaded.
- From your WiSec 2008 EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, when you are registered but yet to upload your paper, EDAS will highlight the paper with white color as pending, to show that no version of your paper PDF file has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the color indicating the status will change to yellow, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent.
Revising your Paper or Account
- After you have submitted your paper, you can revise your submission at any time before the submission deadline.
- To revise your submission, go to your WiSec 2008 EDAS homepage. Just upload a new PDF version the same way you did already for the previous version. Please do not register and submit a new version as if it were a separate new paper, since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
- You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your WiSec 2008 EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the link at the top to "My profile."
For general information on the WiSec 2008 paper submission, the scope of technical papers solicited, the submission process, or paper format, please refer to the Call for Papers. For any other question, please contact the Program Co-Chairs at WiSec08_TPCchairsacm.org. If you have any technical problems with EDAS, please contact edasedas.info.
Thank you for submitting your paper to WiSec 2008!
Note to authors:
Full papers are at most 12 pages and short papers at most 6 pages, both in the ACM conference style. The author instruction for the camera-ready version and copyright form are available at http://www.sheridanprinting.com/typedept/wisec.htm. Authors can contact the publication chair if needed. (See contact information.)