ACM WiSec 2014 will run from July 23rd to July 25th, 2014. It will be co-located with RFIDSec'14 in Oxford, UK.
ACM WiSec has been broadening its scope and seeks to present high quality research papers exploring security and privacy aspects of wireless communications, mobile networks, and their applications. In addition to the traditional ACM WiSec topics of physical, link, and network layer security, we welcome papers focusing on the security and privacy of mobile software platforms, usable security and privacy, biometrics and the increasingly diverse range of mobile or wireless applications. The conference welcomes both theoretical as well as systems contributions.
Topics of interest include:
- Mobile malware and platform security
- Security & Privacy for Smart Devices (e.g., Smartphones)
- Wireless and mobile privacy and anonymity
- Secure localization and location privacy
- Cellular network fraud and security
- Jamming attacks and defenses
- Key extraction, agreement, or distribution
- Theoretical foundations, cryptographic primitives, and formal methods
- NFC and smart payment applications
- Security and privacy for mobile sensing systems
- Wireless or mobile security and privacy in health, automotive, avionics, or smart grid applications
- Self-tracking/Quantified Self Security and Privacy
- Physical Tracking Security and Privacy
- Usable Mobile Security and Privacy
- Economics of Mobile Security and Privacy
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Security
The proceedings of ACM WiSec will be published by the ACM.
Full and short papers
Full paper submissions to ACM WiSec 2014 can be up to 10 pages in the ACM conference style excluding the bibliography and well marked appendices, and up to 12 pages in total. ACM WiSec also encourages the submission of short papers with a length of up to 6 pages, which describe mature work of a more succinct nature. All papers must be thoroughly anonymized for double-blind reviewing. Detailed submission instructions can be found here
ACM Wisec 2014 will feature a demo/poster session in common with RFIDSec’14.
- Abstract submission:
March 3rd, 2014 March 10th, 2014 (11:59:59pm GMT)
- Paper submission:
March 10th, 2014 March 17th, 2014 (11:59:59pm GMT)
- Notification to authors: May 7th, 2014
- Camera-ready version: May 28th, 2014 (11:59:59pm GMT)
- Conference dates: July 23rd — 25th, 2014
It is a policy of the ACM
to disallow double submissions, where the same (or substantially similar) paper is concurrently submitted to multiple conferences/journals. Any double submissions detected will be immediately rejected from all conferences/journals involved.