WiSec encourages graduate students to participate in the conference by partially subsidizing travel costs up to $1000 of those who would otherwise be unable to attend. The travel grants are provided by NSF and ACM.
Who Should Apply
Support is available for selected students who are US citizens or from US institutions and potentially students from international institutions. The selection process will give preference to ACM WiSec 2015 paper authors who are graduate students without sufficient travel funding.
Application deadline: April 15, 2015
Award notification: May 1, 2015
Deadline to accept/decline the award: May 15, 2015
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via EasyChair. An application consists of the student's curriculum vitae, a letter from the student, and a letter from the student's advisor. The letter from the student must include:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
- A description of areas reflected in the WiSec 2015 program that would impact the student’s research.
- An explanation as to why attending WiSec 2015 is important to the student, and
- The status of the student’s visa (J-1 or F-1), if any.
In addition, the student’s advisor must send a letter of recommendation to the committee, including:
- Confirmation that the student is a doctoral candidate in good standing.
- The suitability of the WiSec program material to the student’s research area.
- Ways in which this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The level of monetary support necessary for the student to attend, and
- Availability of funds from other sources.