CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
WorkshopsProposals are solicited for workshops to be held in conjunction with ACM CCS 2009. Each workshop provides a forum to address a specific topic at the forefront of security research. A workshop must be full day in length.Proceedings of all workshops will be available (on a CD) to the workshop attendees. Each workshop will also offer on-line proceedings through ACM Digital Library, with a separate ISBN.
Workshop Proposal SubmissionFor new workshops, proposals should include:
- Workshop title
- A draft "Call for Papers" articulating the scope and topics covered by the workshop
- A brief summary and justification for the workshop, including anticipated benefits to the ACM CCS community.
- Planned activities
- Expected number of submissions and acceptance rate
- Expected number of attendees
- Program chair(s), and, if available, tentative program committee
- A one-paragraph biographical sketch for each organizer, describing relevant qualifications, including research and conference/workshop organizing experience
- Number of submissions
- Number of accepted papers
- Number of registered attendees
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- The workshop is within scope of computer and communications security and concerns a coherent and worthwhile technical topic.
- Its novelty with respect to other forums, especially with respect to other CCS workshops.
- Its likely impact on the target community, including likely high participation.
- One of the best ways to show likely interest is to have a strong set of researchers who have agreed to serve on the PC.
- Submissions deadline: February 28, 2009 (early submissions are welcome)
- Decisions communicated: March 29, 2009
CCS Support for WorkshopsIf a workshop proposal is accepted, the ACM CCS workshop chair will work closely with workshop organizers. The ACM CCS workshop chair will help create/maintain the submission and reviewing websites for workshops, and is responsible for monitoring and coordinating organizational aspects of all workshops.
Last modified: 2009-02-25 14:59:35 EST